Car Fleet

Registered Student Organizations are able to utilize University Car Fleet Vehicles by following the instructions in the links and information below.

Updated pertinent policies, procedures, forms, and links can be found at the following locations:

Driver Authorization Policy

Fleet Reservation Information

  • Please note that in order for an RSO to rent a vehicle through UW Fleet, the RSO must provide a T-Code from a university department co-sponsor.
  • If you are unable to receive a T-Code or a department co-sponsor, you are able to rent vehicles through UW’s Non-Business Enterprise Contract.
  • You need to be an authorized driver to be able to drive or even make a reservation.
    • This approval process takes 10 working days. Plan ahead!
    • Out-of-state license holders will need to upload a driving abstract and a legible copy of their license (front only) via the portal.
      • Please note that some states may charge for this abstract – payment is the responsibility of the individual making the request
      • Processing time may vary for these requests. You are encouraged to complete requests for a driving abstract at least six weeks prior to your anticipated travel date.
  • We recommend going through UW Fleet as their policies are easier to navigate for Student Organizations than the Department of Administration (DOA) Fleet.
  • There is now an official Student Trip Itinerary Form  that must be filled out by your group, approved by the University department that is sponsoring your travel, and submitted to Risk Management before a reservation can be made.
  • While not required, we strongly recommend reviewing Risk Management’s helpful guidance about planning a safe trip. Read their Field Trip Guidance document here.