Registered Student Organizations are able to utilize University Car Fleet Vehicles by following the instructions in the links and information below. The Office of Risk Management has updated their policy on Fleet Vehicle use for Registered Student Organizations. Pertinent policies, forms, and links can be found at the following locations:
Search the Driver Authorization Database *See Instructions Below*
Some items to note:
- You need to be an authorized driver to be able to drive or even make a reservation.
- This approval process takes 10 working days. Plan ahead!
- Out-of-state license holders will need to upload a driving abstract and a legible copy of their license (front only) via the portal.
- Please note that some states may charge for this abstract – payment is the responsibility of the individual making the request
- Processing time may vary for these requests. You are encouraged to complete requests for a driving abstract at least six weeks prior to your anticipated travel date.
- There is now an official Student Trip Itinerary Form that must be filled out by your group, approved by the University department that is sponsoring your travel, and submitted to Risk Management before a reservation can be made.
- Risk Management has provided some helpful guidelines about required numbers of drivers and hours to drive. These will help you plan a safe trip.
- We recommend going through UW Fleet as their policies are easier to navigate for Student Organizations than the DOA Fleet.
- If you will be staying overnight at a hotel, motel, residence hall, or other location with which you have an agreement, you must fill out a CSA Travel Registry Form.
Searching Driving Authorization Database
- Log into Portal: https://fleetportal.wi.gov/my.policy
- Click on the “Reports” within the Top Menu
- Then select “Driver Summary”